Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Lily Bollinger Said...

"I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad.
Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone.
When I have company I consider it obligatory.
I trifle with it if I'm not hungry
and I drink it when I am.
Otherwise I never touch it,
unless I'm thirsty."

Bold, direct & impressive eh!? It's a pity as it was an undated statement and only limited info abt Lily available on the net. I would love love love to get to know this lady better.

Lily Bollinger, aka Elizabeth Law de Lauriston Bourbers (Seriously, let's just call her lily...) is the lady who expanded Bollinger into a world-known brand fr the early 40s throughout late 60s.

For some reason, this quote brings me back to the conversation with Irene, my politician friend for a Basque country feminist party. She was the one who taught me abt the French feminism and introduced me to Simone de Beauvoir.

Phew, wouldn't it be nice to be sipping Bollinger as I type this piece? No vintage needed, a Special Cuvée would ease my pumping heart just fine.

Happy Drinking, Drinking Happy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment